We are looking for enthusiastic School Minibus Driver to join our team.
About Sackville School
Sackville School aims are to foster a positive, friendly, happy, family atmosphere for learning. This is a powerful and integral element of our school’s success and requires careful cultivation from teachers, staff, and leaders alike. To achieve the most from our pupils we understand that enjoyment of learning is of paramount importance. Children learn best when both they, and their teachers, are enjoying themselves.
About the Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drive a Minibus in a safe manner and in compliance with highway regulations
- Be responsible for the health & safety, comfort and welfare of pupils and staff
- Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks, including fire precautions, ensuring vehicles are roadworthy
- Carry out basic maintenance of vehicles and equipment as required
- Report any vehicle defects, faults, incidents and accidents in the vehicle log book and to the Head
- Maintain all vehicles in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition both inside and out at all times, including replacement vehicles
- Refuel vehicles as required and log all receipts
- Cover for absent colleagues
- Work within health and safety guidelines as set out in the school Minibus Drivers’ Operating instructions
- To work to pre-planned schedules and complete any record of work, record of driving and accident reports that may be required by law, the School, the ‘Code of Practice’ or procedures manual
- To deal with emergencies, according to School procedure
- To be able to communicate effectively, and act as a first point of contact between children, parents, teachers and school staff
- Undertake any other associated duties as required by the Head
As this position requires you to drive the school bus, it is important you hold a Full and Clean UK Drivers Licence ideally with D1 entitlement, although this is not essential as full training will be provided. We are also looking for someone who:
- Has driving experience
- Has basic DIY skills and in-depth understanding of maintenance procedures
- Has strong problem-solving skills for addressing safety and maintenance concerns
- Is organised, good at multi-tasking and scheduling
- There may be an opportunity to work occasional weekends or out of hours for events such as Open Days
- PCV license desirable
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only, Monday - Friday 6.30 am - 8.30 am and 3.45pm - 5.45pm (hours may vary depending on route)
Salary: £10.42 per hour whilst training then £16.00 per hour once fully qualified
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 17th April 2024
Immediate Start Available
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please click here. This will direct you to our advertisement on Kent Teach providing a job description and application form.
Sackville School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.